OTTAWA, March 2020 — In January 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of a new coronavirus that originated in China. Since then, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has worked its way around the globe and health authorities everywhere have been working to contain the outbreak.
At Colonnade BridgePort the health and safety of our employees, tenants, residents, and guests is of utmost importance and we are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. To help ensure our spaces remain healthy and to reduce the spread of germs, we have implemented the following protocols within our properties:
- Installing and/or providing extra sanitizer dispensers in our lobbies and other touchpoints.
- Instructing cleaning staff to increase the frequency of disinfecting all touch points incl. doorknobs, door handles, grab bars, push bars, elevator buttons, stairwell railings, etc
- Confirmed that all cleaning suppliers are using appropriate disinfectants and cleaners to ensure the health and safety of our tenants.
- Disseminating communications materials throughout our portfolio to promote hand-washing awareness, as well as hand rubbing (sanitizer use) and general best practices for staying healthy in the workplace.
- Encouraging all tenants to have their staff clear their desks/workspaces at the end of their shift, to allow for more effective cleaning to take place by the cleaners.
For more information, we encourage you to visit the following sites:
Public Health Ontario
Public Health Agency of Canada