Reporting to the Controller and working within a team, the Property Accountant is responsible for the coordination and implementation of all property accounting aspects related to a designated property portfolio to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of institutional level financial statements for assigned properties.
- Prepare institutional level financial statements for assigned properties on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis for distribution to the respective owners
- Ensure that the financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and in accordance with the requirements of the respective owners
- Liaise with Property Managers and owners to provide assistance in interpreting and clarifying financial statements
- Coordinate and prepare the annual operating budgets for each of the respective properties in consultation with the various departments
- Prepare the year end working files for the annual audits
- Ensure the accuracy of monthly tenant charges
- Calculate and prepare year-end operating cost and tax adjustment calculations for tenants based on the actual year-end costs
- Monitor individual portfolio related accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Submit HST returns where applicable
- Two to five years of relevant general accounting experience, property accounting experience preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience using Yardi Voyager Property Management software is preferred
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Colonnade BridgePort provides a dynamic work environment and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Colonnade BridgePort welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.