The Accounts Payable (A/P) Administrator is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers and investigating account irregularities. The A/P clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents including purchase orders, as well as any other accounting transactions related to A/P management.
The successful candidate will be focused on high quality, detailed work based on established, standard guidelines and procedures; precise, consistent work output is essential.
• Code invoices to appropriate properties and GL codes
• Obtain approvals from managers for the contract and utility invoices
• Enter and post invoice details into Yardi
• Run aging reports daily to generate payments to vendors per property
• Review payments to ensure they do not exceed cash balance
• Verify that orders are charged to the proper accounts
• Review bills for potential errors, unusual charges and/or discrepancies
• Investigate payment problems while following corporate account payable policies and procedures
• Run cheques and attach to invoices; deliver to appropriate signing authorities
• Any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline
• One to three years of experience in an accounts payable position
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience with accounting software required – Yardi Voyager Property Management software preferred
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Colonnade BridgePort provides a dynamic work environment and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Colonnade BridgePort welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.