The Building Operator will report directly to the Property Manager and will be responsible for the maintenance and day-to-day operations of a designated commercial real estate property or property portfolio.
Responsibilities:• Liaise with all tenant contacts on a regular basis to establish and maintain a healthy working relationship;
• Respond to and complete, in a timely manner, all Tenant service requests;
• Responsible for the appearance of the property and safety and convenience of the tenants and clientele at all times;
• Responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of all equipment maintenance, building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures, methods and financial limitations;
• Liaise with contractors, on-site staff and personnel, assist in providing supervision of all trades servicing the building equipment/systems;
• Complete inspections of the property in accordance with the inspection frequency schedules contained in the respective property contracts;
• Maintain all appropriate logs and manuals and ensure that all third-party contractors servicing the property are maintaining the respective log books in accordance with the determined schedules;
• Conduct daily inspections of building, make recommendations and implement improvements in consultation with the Property Manager, of operational tasks and repairs that are required to the property;
• Assist in implementing a pro-active preventative maintenance program for all building equipment/systems to ensure that all systems are properly maintained and serviced in a pro-active manner;
• Coordinate the services of contractors to complete repairs and maintenance, including HVAC systems, electrical, mechanical, lighting etc.; and
• Provide after-hours coverage of designated properties on a rotational basis with other building operators.
Qualifications:• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related working experience;
• Possess a mechanical aptitude;
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and achieve quality results;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment, or independently with minimal supervision;
• Industry related designation(s) in BES and/or BOMI SMT/SMA preferred; and
• Valid Class G driver’s license.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Send your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org