Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP), the Asset Manager (AM) will support the Asset Management team with the oversight of the operations and financial performance of the commercial properties in the Colonnade BridgePort portfolio.
The Asset Manager will work closely with the Property Management (PM) and Leasing Management (LM) teams to ensure maximized returns for the fund and individual assets owned by High Net Worth (HNW) investors. The incumbent will play a key role in the building of the asset management processes, tools and templates used to help execute divisional objectives, portfolios of assets and individual asset performance.
If you are seeking a terrific entry level or junior opportunity to work and learn from the industry’s top commercial asset management minds, then we want to hear from you!
So that you know what to expect on any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things:
- Conduct regular reviews of base case proformas and recommend strategies or alternate course of action to meet our investment returns targets.
- Assist with preparation of investors annual, semiannual, and quarterly reports.
- Update quarterly asset management reports.
- Assist with all Investment Committee, Asset Committee and Investor meetings.
- Assist with the presentations related to annual investors meetings.
- Assist in the preparations of investment memos to investors.
- Review financial models and prepare cash flow analysis and projections.
- Assist in the preparation of annual strategic asset management plan, monitoring the plans and making recommendation to adjust the plans to meet our investment targets and reporting against them.
- Work with our service providers (LM, PM, DM) to prepare annual leasing, operational and capital budgets together with supporting material.
- Assist in the mapping and scheduling of all key annual activates required as part of the AM agreement and mandates.
- Work Closely with our key accounts representative (CRED GP, CMHC) to ensure key deliverables and client expectation are met.
- Monitor asset performance by way of regular meetings with the PM and LM teams, review monthly reports and performing ongoing reviews of leasing activity, major expenses, and capital programs
- Establish a regular review process with the PM team for major capital upgrades and special projects
- Assist in the review of leasing transaction consistent with the Underwriter, review offers to lease, the lease agreement, amendments, extensions, etc.
- Assist with preparation of investors annual, semi-annual, and quarterly reports
- Review and approval of all construction projects such as LL work, TI’s and ensure proper tendering process.
- Assist and review in base case proformas and conduct hold vs sale exercise annually and provide internal valuations
- Support SVP with financing process, disposition process and activities.
- Assist Controller for evaluating tenant covenants.
- Review financial impact to asset performance for all significant leasing transactions.
- Track all mortgage files and assist in the preparation of financing files, liaison between lenders, investors and legal.
- Assist the SVP with investor communications, distributions, meeting requests, cash calls and ad hoc investors inquiries.Track market trends (e.g. cap rates, sales, interest rates)
- Review and understand all asset management agreements as it relates to asset management responsibilities, authorities and activities
The qualifications we would like you to bring to the position include:
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Real Estate or Business.
- Knowledge in financial modelling and cash flow forecasting is essential
- Experience in commercial real estate is a definite asset
- Familiarity with Argus DCF or other modelling software would be a definitive asset
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications (e.g. MS Office)
Colonnade BridgePort provides a dynamic work environment and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job
Send your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Colonnade BridgePort welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.