Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Administrator is responsible for managing and administering tenant receivables for a portfolio of commercial real estate properties on behalf of third party owners. The successful candidate will be focused on high quality, detailed work based on established, standard guidelines and procedures; precise, consistent work output is essential.
We are ramping up to build a Property Accounting team second to none, so If you are seeking to build an accounting career and learn from the industry’s best management minds then we want to hear from you.
So that you know what to expect on any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things:
- Preparing detailed accounts receivable reports and supporting commentary relating to all outstanding balances in the monthly reports.
- Performing day to day financial transactions including verifying, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Performing collection calls and following up on late payments.
- Making arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts.
- Entering lease information into the accounting system for lease payment schedules associated with new leases, renewals, amendments, etc.
- Preparing and sending initial lease payment schedules to new tenants.
- Performing ongoing reviews, management and reconciliation of tenant accounts concerning to debit and credit balances.
- Investigating and resolving billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Responding to tenant inquiries.
- Completing bank deposits.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
The Qualifications we would like you to bring to the position include:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an Accounts Receivable capacity.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software required – Yardi Voyager Property Management software preferred.
Colonnade BridgePort welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Colonnade BridgePort provides a dynamic work environment and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at Colonnade BridgePort, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.