At Colonnade BridgePort, the cornerstone of our corporate responsibility initiatives is people – improving the health and happiness of the Colonnade BridgePort team, our clients, partners and the greater community.
For many years, we’ve supported the Ottawa Hospital Foundation through financial donations and volunteer time contributing to the Foundation’s Legacy Campaign of $100 million in five years and its 20-20 Campaign, which raised more than $20 million in 20 months to expand the Cancer Centre at the General Campus.
We also are a major supporter of St. Patrick’s Home of Ottawa which provides long term care for adults; most recently with their redevelopment campaign to construct 228 beds in a new state-of-the-art facility.
While supporting the community has always been a fundamental part of who we are, in 2012 we launched a formal CSR program to further embrace health and happiness.
Other initiatives we are undertaking include:
- Lunch and Learns for employees on health-related and the environmental topics
- Membership in terra20's Saving for Change Program (group discount/information sharing with Canada’s largest green retailer)
- Healthier work environment by improving air quality and by using green cleaning products
- Enhanced recycling programs and initiatives to reduce use of disposables
- Initiatives to reduce energy use, such as our Watts Watcher campaign
- Community sponsorships